Sunday 20 November 2011

DAYS OUT AND MORE CRAFTING

we arrived before the otters had been fed so lots of action in both enclosures
I got 15 cards made for Wingham Wildlife Park and we took them with us today when we went to see their latest cat.  I put my blog address on them so hopefully a few more people will find me. http://winghamwildlifepark.co.uk.  There are some lovely pictures of Binx the puma on their facebook page includding one of him stuggling to keep his balance on the ropes. https://www.facebook.com/WinghamWildlifePark  We spent ages watching him - he was being so playful and like all the animals at Wingham loves the attention.  This is where the animals mostly rush over to see who has come to see them, a big difference from standing by an enclosure thinking "it says theres something in here but I can't find it".  The animals still have there privacy if they want it but lets be honest you go to a zoo to see animals. 

Tigers at play


Got most of the things done yesterday that I wanted to, I am really enjoying this crafting/baking not vegetating in front of the TV or online.The mirror is ok I think that I am using the wrong sort of paper which is why I am getting a papery finish to my designs coating with mod podge does help but I am going to try using ordinary photocopy paper instead of photo paper. It was not very clear in the tutorial I watched, or Ididn't understand properly.
 Slowly rubbing off the backing paper to reveal the design. I used masking tape to centre the picture on the mirror.  At the moment I am not sure whether to leave the edges as the are or to decorate them.  I am still having a little bit of trouble with some of the picture lifting but I can sort that in the final stages.
Cards for Wingham
Today I really need to crack on with our Christmas cards, Gifts and Items for Etsy.
Cards for Wingham
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamtimemakes

2 comments:

  1. What fun photos! I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read an update from the Parks facebook page and early next year they will have two rescued lions. These wonderful people have come a long way since they had a petshop in Ramsgate as has the Park since they took it over. Well done to them.

    ReplyDelete