Monday 7 November 2011

Making a start - Christmas cards begun

This evening I spent a couple of happy hours in front of a log fire making the first of my Christmas cards.  I did a few last week but they weren't for me .  Back in the summer I decided that it would be a good idea to make some Christmas cards and give them to http://www.winghamwildlifepark.co.uk in kent to sell in their shop using pictures of their animals.  Having opened my Etsy shop it occured to me that I could use my good deed as advertising by putting my logo on the backs of the cards.  I set myself a target of two dozen A6 cards for them.

Today I was making ones for friends and famuly.  In the past I have managed to get organising Christmas a bit muddled.  I will have all my presents wrapped but no cards made let alone written.  As some have to go overseas this is not sensible.  So this year I WILL BE ORGANISED - maybe. 

It is also the time of year when the card and papercraft magazines have their big competitions, every year I mean to enter and somehow miss the deadline. I like the challenge of producing things of a high enough standard to be considered.  There are some very talented people crafting.

http://www.etsy.com/people/dreamtimemakes




No comments:

Post a Comment