Monday 2 January 2012

Merrily crafting again.

Back to creating.  I have spent several relaxing days reading other peoples blogs, pouring over stuff on Etsy, roaming over the wonders of Pinterest and reading magazines.  Now it is time to stop looking and see what I can do.  I have dug out the tiny tiny bottles than I brought from Ebay years ago and started to fill them, next step is to make something to hang the pendants on - I thought braided ribbon with little beads would work well.  I really want to create that SHOW STOPPING something that will kick start my Etsy shop.  It is not that I dont believe the items already on Etsy aren't good because I do it is just there is so much fantastic stuff there that I need to rethink.  It may be how I am tagging my items.  I was so pleased just before Christmas when one of my items got placed on a treasury list - a step in the right direction.

Lots of ideas floating around inside my head just waiting to become solid and touchable.............watch this space for more over the next few days.


I also want to start making my own clothes again. The only way I can dress as I want instead of how others think I should.  Big boxes of fabric upstairs so lots of opportunity.  This desire to dressmake again in partly triggered by a book I got for Christmas 18th century Embroidery Techniques by Gail Marsh                             ISBN 978-1-86108-476-7  http://www.amazon.co.uk/18th-Century-Embroidery-Techniques-Marsh    Lots of useful information a book I would recommend. 

Other things to learn/try this year goldwork and needlefelting

No comments:

Post a Comment