Friday 2 March 2012

Altered books - part two.





 IT HAS BEEN EASIER TO 
continue with altering this book because all the cutting has been completed.
NOW MY BOOK IS READY TO DECORATE.  The papers I chose for the front and back covers have been glued on, with a hole cut in the front cover.  All the pages that needed to be glued together have been.  I decided to print some custom cotton tape for the edges of the covers because I thought that would be harder wearing.  

(PRINTING COTTON TAPE :- USE DOUBLE SIDED TAPE TO ATTACH INCH WIDE COTTON TAPE ONTO A SHEET OF A4 PAPER.  I CHOSE SOME FERN LEAF CLEAR STAMPS, WHICH I STUCK UNTO A STAMPING BLOCK.  STAMP RANDOMLY OVER THE PAGE - I USED TWO COLOURS  WAIT TILL INK IS COMPLETELY DRY BEFORE PEELING OFF THE BACKING SHEET AND USING ON THE PROJECT).




 



 I wanted to use the printer to do the cotton tape but the printer that I have just would not do it today, it is quite often fussy about what it will print.  So I had to go with PLAN B.  I am pleased with the result.  











 


I dry brushed the pages with white GESSO making sure that some of the print could be seen through the paint and left to dry completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment