Tuesday 15 May 2012

BANANA BREAD FOR TEA TIME

BANANA BREAD
 I have had this recipe for nearly thirty years. I have no idea where the recipe came from, the book disappeared long long ago.
 It is the only one I have found that has no fat in it.  


I have enjoyed eating it for so long.  I thought that I would share it with you.


3 bananas (the riper the better)
2 eggs
6 ounces sugar
8 ounces plain flour
1teaspoon salt (I have never put this much in)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 ounces walnuts ( optional)

Crush the bananas to a pulp and gradually work in the eggs, flour, sugar, salt, and bicarbonate of soda.  
Stir in the nuts.
Put into a prepared loaf tin 
Bake for one hour at gas mark 3 (160 degrees Centigrade) 


I hope you enjoy this cake.  I have just baked one and will be having a slice shortly,
 

1 comment: