Sunday 27 May 2012

CAR SHOWS AND NEEDLE FELTING

A most glorious weekend of sun,seashore and cars.  The first DEAL CLASSIC CAR AND MOTOR SHOW was held on Saturday on Walmer Green next to the beach.
http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/deal_classic_car_and_motor_show_set_for_walmer_green_1_1377870


I have been to a lot of car shows over the last few years and I really liked this venue.  It was very well organised, within easy walking distance of deal town centre, the bands playing ranged from good to exceedingly good and it had some very nice cars.  This 1929 Triumph that was parked next to us was one of the 'barn finds' that you read about.  It had been in a very sorry state when its current owner found it in 1979 and started restoring a couple of years later.
Our Mercury Cougar sparkled in the sunshine and attracted lots of attention. It was definitely worth spending the time giving it the extra care.




For some unknown reason with the big American cars I went all arty and took pictures of the fins and grills.




I really hope that they will hold this show again.  I think it must have been a success - towards the end of the afternoon there were still crowds of people walking around.  The weather must have helped a little.               
 
 The RETRO MARKET was better than some that I have seen.  I brought a few items from some of them.

There was even a vintage pram.




Because the show was so close to town I had a chance to look for NEEDLE FELTING needles (I had broken one on my first try).  I managed to get some and started felting again.  It was a lot easier to do my little dragon with a single needle.



No comments:

Post a Comment