Tuesday 26 June 2012

Goldwork project part 3 - the design

This seems to be taking a long while but I am doing so many different things at the moment I am struggling to find time for them all. 


I have chosen the design elements, photocopied them, outlined them in a stronger black and cut them out.  Put some 28count blue linen into a eight inch embroidery frame and arranged the two dragonflies and the flower.  When I was happy with the layout I held each piece behind the frame and traced it onto the fabric.  Then I back stitched over the pencilled lines so I could follow the design once I began the Goldwork.









A chair is a sheltered part of the garden - this is where I sat to do the prep work for my embroidery.  It wasn't really warm enough to be sitting outside but it is supposed to be summer so I thought I would give it a go.


So now the design has been chosen and prepped, I have my birthday present GOLDWORK by Hazel Everette ready by my side so here I go.................



http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goldwork-Techniques-Projects-Pure-Inspiration/dp/1844486265/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340572489&sr=1-1 

No comments:

Post a Comment