Sunday 24 March 2013

Many ways to use a catfish

A little bit of doodling lead to the creation of the rather cute little catfish. 
Adjusting the size with the printer to the pattern I made some keyrings from leopard print felt (what else could I use for catfish?)  http://folksy.com/items/4217686-Keyring-CATFISH


 The keyrings were so sweet I thought the same pattern would look lovely as an applique on tote bags.


 

I have some lovely floral fabrics that I feel will work well.  The first bag I used a red cotton with yellow spots, and I have started a couple more with this vintage check fabric.



Part finished bags - hand stitched faces and the applique done in black by machine.  To highlight the design,
  The completed bags have cotton handles with sweet mini heart button detail. There is a useful back pocket with a button fastening.  And like the keyrings the catfish on the bags have a lucky fin which gives a 3D effect.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/127406057/tote-bag-applique-catfish-tote-bag? 





 
 Bright sunshine colours to banish the winter blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment