Saturday, 30 November 2013
I have a very bad habit of creating odd size cards. Sometimes I mean to but mostly it is what I end up with. This means that I have a beautiful (in my opinion) card and no envelope to fit it. In the past I have put it into an envelope that is an OKish fit but I haven't been happy with my presentation or put the card in with the present. All that is changing from NOW.
I have been asked to make some cards for a friend for her nieces, a few guidelines but anything I liked to do. The first card was not a standard size - this time I was not going to be beaten. Armed with a CRAFTERS COMPANION ulitimate pro and an additional envelope board http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/christmas-c2661/ultimate-pro-c2681/crafters-companion-the-ultimate-crafters-companion-pro-p1905 I decided to beat my envelope jinx.
The first problem was easily solved; a card that was rather thick just needed a box-type envelope, so using the ulitimate craft pro I made the envelope wide enough. The second problem was a little harder. A 12" x 12" piece of 160gsm was not quite big enough for an envelope for my 8" x 7.5" card. After a little thought I found the answer . . . make the envelope to size on three sides leaving the top a little short and then cut two triangles to make the top piece of the envelope large enough to cover the card. Glue one to the outside and a slightly smaller one to the inside of the flap. No one will ever know it wasn't meant to be. I finished of the envelope with a little ribbon.