Wednesday, 18 December 2013


My completed card - my version of their fairy tale.  I used my bind-it-all
on either side so I could get the effect I wanted.
Once upon a time

And my story begins, using pages from the DCWV pad and some printed pictures of WW1 maps (slightly burnt)
In a far away land

Torn papers and an altered picture bring life to a joke from the invitation. 
Laid waste by war

A photo of Bedgebury pinetum becomes my forest, layered and tweaked using craft artist
There was a vast forest
 The same photo with a fairy 
tale castle added to it and some stamping.
In the heart of the forest stood a castle
And the story continues in a similar style of altered photos and stamping.
Inside the castle kept safe behind high walls,thorny hedge and gate

They lived happily ever after.   
My (found)cat wedding picture used and the last half page turns for our message to the Bride and Groom.

Thursday, 12 December 2013


 SOME VERY GOOD FRIENDS ARE GETTING MARRIED and I found a lovely picture that I wanted to use in some way on their card.  A picture of two cats.  I had no idea what form this card was going to take - just that I wanted this picture.  Various ideas drifted about but none were quite right.  Even after the invitation arrived I had no clear idea.
 Then my muse struck ...... a booklet type card.  A lot of work, yes.  Worth every minute, yes.  
Starting with the DCWV Once upon a time 8" x 8" pad I looked for the right images for this fairy tale.

A castle, a forest, gates and a joke linked to the invitation.  Pictures found and then altered using CRAFT ARTIST.

To make my card I began with a sketch, I don't usually do this but I wanted to know exactly how many pages I would need.  I also had to know where to split the pages to add an air of mystery to my story.  With the pictures chosen, altered and stuck to my backing pages I bound my card using my Zutter Bind-it-all.  It seemed right to try alternate pages for this card, I was a little worried about doing this without a trial run but it worked really well.  I rounded the corners of the pages to give a nice finish. 

With the base card made I can really go to town decorating the pages.  
Using an arched window background sheet I cut out the bridal cats and after sticking them down highlighted some features with glitter glue.